Capital Equipment Product Manager, PVD
Are you an experienced Product Manager that can lead a team of individuals responsible for a PVD product lifecycle from strategy to sales success? You will also work cross-functionally to define product roadmaps and business development opportunities. Reporting to the Business Unit Director, the Product Manager supports the BU Director in Profit and Loss responsibility. They are responsible for managing life cycle of their product lines including identifying market requirements, preparing competitive assessments, defining CIP, supporting evaluation & sales activity and achieving financial objectives. They represent the product across all organizational boundaries, acting as the leader to a cross functional team to align objectives, vision, success criteria and priorities in support of all product lifecycle activities.
The Product Manager develops, implements, and manages product line strategy and marketing activities to provide optimum sales and profit results. Determines short and long-term strategies and tactics for marketing of product lines.
Must be highly motivated, organized, and capable of multi-tasking several projects or efforts at any given time. Responsibilities include working hand-in-hand with Sales, other Product Managers as well as peers in other departments, such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials, Quality and/or Sales & Marketing.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Drive profitable growth for the business and grow market share by prioritizing, targeting, and supporting strategic design-in activities.
- Track opportunities with sales for all new applications and products. Support Sales in defining product configurations and options with cost analysis to prepare for commercial negotiations.
- Serve as primary customer contact, advocate, and support for ASMPT NEXX, Inc. product portfolio and ensure product deliveries meet commitments.
- Facilitate review of market, technology, and competitive trends leading to development and revision of product strategy/roadmap and organizational priorities
- Drive roadmap and strategy for new products and enhancements of existing products to meet requirements for target applications and customers that align with ASMPT NEXX, Inc. business objectives. Continuously seek customer and market insights that help shape the product roadmap. Prioritize programs to allocate resources aligned with overall organizational objectives.
- Define product-specific specifications and roadmaps by collecting inputs from internal/external customers and functions. Translate user needs into deliverable solutions. Set cost objectives and program deliverables aligned with marketing requirements and product strategy. Hold team members accountable to the aligned deliverables throughout the Product Development & Release process.
- Understand product metrics and drive improvements to the product
- Be a knowledgeable source for the products inside and outside of ASMPT NEXX, Inc. Provide support for operational issues associated with quality, delivery and production. Communicate product roadmap and plans, creating excitement and alignment within the team and across the company.
- Develop marketing collateral promoting a broad product portfolio to a global customer base.
- Support development of a 5 year revenue plan in support of the yearly strategic planning process
Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering or Master’s in Engineering or Business preferred. Total of 10 years,3-5 years in a Product Management capacity.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Familiarity with one or more families of semiconductor and advanced packaging equipment in PVD.
- Demonstrated broad and comprehensive understanding of technical and business environment and ability to develop and articulate strategies to meet business objectives.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas, often at senior levels, to persuade a different point of view both internally and externally.
- Excellent collaboration & communication; form cross-functional partnerships to enable successful execution.
- Ability to solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business in a fast moving environment
- Lead projects with notable risk and complexity; developing strategy for project execution
- Fast learner with a can do, team player attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to move from one place to another, stay in one position for periods of time, and communicate with others and exchange information, may give presentations; and may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor. This position regularly requires occasional weekend work.
Domestic or international travel may be required, approximately 10-20%