Careers with ASMPT NEXX, Inc.
Electrical Engineer III
The Electrical Engineer III is responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electrical/electronic engineering assemblies for wafer process subsystems. Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirms system’s and components’ capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Creates engineering documentation and procedures to support new installations and maintenance of existing systems.
- Develops operational machinery designs from conceptual ideas.
- Operates and tests complex automated equipment.
- Supports worldwide capital equipment installations.
- Work with vendors and manufacturing engineering to insure documentation meets manufacturability standards.
- Packages control system hardware using electrical schematics and component lists.
- Generates schematics and diagrams.
- Generates Bills of Material.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing .professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering required, MS in Electrical Engineering preferred
- 6-8 years of experience is required, preferably in semiconductor manufacturing equipment
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with electrical schematic generation utilizing AutoCAD systems
- Experience in machinery automation and 3 phase power, hardware-oriented
- Experience in electronics troubleshooting and electronic testing design, collecting data and reporting results
- Project management skills including ability to work with outside vendors and working cross functionally with other engineering disciplines Experience designing cables and control system packaging
- Experience creating detail drawings for electrical enclosures and cable assemblies
- Experience with design for compliance with SEMI and CE desired
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and emphasis on excellence in innovation
- Ability and willingness to travel
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Job duties may be performed in confined areas in a clean room environment. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds may be required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, etc. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor. This position occasionally requires long hours and weekend work.
Domestic or international travel may be required, approximately 0-10%
Apply Now email@example.com