Careers with ASMPT NEXX, Inc.
The Engineering Technician assembles and maintains prototype semiconductor modules and assemblies based on design documentation. The technician will install and maintain test stands for both initial and long-term reliability testing of components and assemblies. The candidate will work with mechanical and process engineers to document and improve equipment performance.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
Assemble mechanical components based on engineering design documentation
- Install valves, motors, pumps and sensors using drawings and schematics
- Operate and maintain system test large stands (10‘x 10‘)
- Document system testing results and identify areas for system improvement
- Work with engineers to maintain and update system schematics, drawings and bill of materials incorporating system improvements
Education and Experience:
- AS Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum two years of experience repairing, maintaining and troubleshooting fluid or electrical systems
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand electo-mechanical design documentation, electrical prints and manufacturer’s specifications
- Experience assembling mechanical or electrical systems
- Ability to use hand tools and testing instruments
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other computer systems and platforms
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to sit or stand at a workbench for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required in a cleanroom environment
- Good manual dexterity, (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation)
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs. unassisted
This job operates in a clean room, lab or professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment, test equipment, hand and power tools.
Job duties may be performed in a clean room environment. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 30 pounds may be required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, etc. Regular airline/overnight travel is required.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor. This position requires occasional overtime work to meet business demands, which may include weekend work.
Apply Now email@example.com