Careers with ASMPT NEXX, Inc.
Facilities Maintenance Engineer
ASMPT Nexx, in Billerica is seeking an experienced Facilities Maintenance Engineer/Technician to join our team and be part of an exciting innovative company in the Semiconductor Industry. The successful candidate will deliver quality services necessary to effectively maintain and manage facility operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on all facilities systems as directed by the Manager.
• Performs skilled trades work such as carpentry, HVAC, electrical or plumbing.
• Tests, repairs, installs and /or maintains various types of electrical systems and equipment.
• Maintain an adequate inventory of equipment and materials.
• Troubleshoots HVAC equipment and systems.
• Inspect facility to determine the need for maintenance and repair to HVAC equipment.
• Performs and supports general plumbing duties for facility and equipment.
• Tracks, charts and records facility equipment conditions
• Supports manufacturing in the maintenance and operation of production equipment.
• Work unsupervised and solo in/out of the building to support the facility’s needs including during unplanned, weather related and emergency events.
• Works with various vendors and outside contractors.
• Skilled in one or more of the building trades, e.g., Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing.
• Mechanical aptitude, ability to work with hand and power tools.
• Ability to interpret and work from blueprints, drawings, and schematics.
• Knowledge of HVAC temperature control systems and components
• Knowledge of electrical systems and plumbing
• Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills with the ability to follow up with appropriate repairs.
• Ability to assess of a facility system and/or structure and make recommendations for repair.
• Ability to communicate with different levels of organization (i.e., operations personnel and supervisors, engineering, and management staff and outside contractors as needed).
• Formal trade school, vocational training, or equivalent experience. MA Licensed Electrician preferred.
• A minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in construction or facilities maintenance.
• Must be proficient with office productivity software such as MS Word and Excel
• Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, with the ability to respond 24/7 in an emergency.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to load, unload, and move large equipment and tools. Continuous walking, stair/ladder climbing and lifting.
• Self-motivated, able to prioritize, and work with minimal supervision.
• Works well independently as well as in a team environment.
• A strong goal-orientation and high energy level are critical.
• Familiarity working with a company experiencing rapid growth.