Careers with ASMPT NEXX, Inc.
The Inventory Specialist plays a critical role in managing and optimizing inventory levels to ensure efficient operations and supply chain management. Responsibilities include collaborating closely with various teams, including procurement, logistics, and production, to maintain accurate inventory records, monitor stock levels, and facilitate timely replenishment. The role also requires performance of ERP transactions to ensure accuracy of inventory as product moves in and out of manufacturing processes. This position requires strong organizational skills and a thorough understanding of inventory management principles within the semiconductor industry.
• Performs daily cycle counts as directed by Inventory Manager, Lead, or Supervisor.
• Reports, troubleshoots, and resolves inventory discrepancies as directed; escalated to facility leadership as needed.
• Verifies quantity on hand by opening cartons, bundles, and other containers to count items and/or weigh materials.
• Researches, identifies, and documents root cause inventory discrepancies.
• Audits inbound and outbound shipments to maintain inventory accuracy and quality.
• Assists employees in following SOP procedures for inventory transactions.
• Maintains product identification, location, and lot code accuracy in appropriate systems.
• Assists with monitoring and controlling inventory integrity.
• Maintains a comprehensive inventory database, including item descriptions, quantities, locations, and other relevant details.
• Regularly reconciles physical inventory counts with system records to identify and resolve discrepancies.
• Provides accurate and timely inventory data and analysis to support decision-making processes within the organization.
• Maintains comprehensive documentation of inventory-related activities, including receipts, transfers, adjustments, and disposals.
• Performs receiving transactions for drop shipments and services.
• Supports manufacturing by issuing replacement parts when necessary and carrying out job issuance activities to ensure transactional accuracy.
• Performs inventory transactions such as scrap, location-to-location transfer, and on-hand adjustment as needed to support manufacturing, purchasing, and engineering activities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• This job primarily operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• 1-3 years’ experience working in inventory management, logistics, or supply chain.
• Knowledge of inventory control principles, practices, and methodologies.
• Customer service and office administrative work experience
• ERP systems experience
• Must be meticulous, accurate and organized.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be initiative-taking with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Willingness to learn new skills.
• Excellent problem resolution skills
• Must be able to work independently, with minimum supervision, as well as in a team environment.
• Must have good computer skills, ERP systems experience and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
ASMPT, NEXX maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.