Manufacturing Technical Writer
Our Manufacturing Technical Writer plans, writes, and edits operational, instructional, installation, and maintenance procedures for print and/or electronic publication. Conducts interviews with various subject matter experts and technical staff to gather data for documentation. Researches and translates technical information into documentation for non-technical and technical users. May document engineering processes and specifications. Produces products that conform to the company templates, style, and quality standards.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Work with internal teams to gain in-depth understanding of product and documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards for intended audience
- Create work instructions or tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Engineering release of completed documentation
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing, English, Communications, or related field
- At least 1-3 years prior experience working in a technical writing position preferably within a manufacturing setting
- Experience working in the semiconductor industry a plus
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- CAD, Solidworks software for product design
- Experience with XML Authoring tools a plus (MadCap Flare, Adobe FrameMaker, etc.)
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and make them understandable in text and pictures
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Research, develop, organize, write, and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Skilled at prioritization, attention to detail, multitasking and ability to work under pressure
- Experience with Documentation Control processes and platforms a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to move from one place to another, stay in one position for periods of time, and communicate with others and exchange information, may give presentations; and may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor.
Domestic or international travel may be required (<10%).