Careers with ASMPT NEXX, Inc.
The Process Engineer is responsible for development and characterization of processes on equipment in the factory applications lab, development of electroplating processes in the advanced logic and memory application spaces. They will interface with service, engineering and marketing groups. In addition, they will provide applications development support to our various customers in the field. This position may also be responsible for improving industrial processes in order to maintain efficiency and improve quality of process equipment. The position will require international travel.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Primarily responsible for development and characterization of processes on equipment in the factory applications lab. Development of processes related to semiconductor process equipment in the advanced logic and memory applications space.
- Perform simple maintenance on the applications lab equipment as needed.
- Design and execute process optimization experiments. Characterize, compile, and analyze test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications.
- Work with sales and marketing groups, along with other functional areas, to prepare changes, additions, and modifications, which will facilitate customer adoption and improve quality of process equipment.
- Provide applications development support to our various customers in the field. Will require international travel for process start up and support of process tools at customer sites.
- Responsible for quality processing of all material processed through the machine, including internal process development activities and customer demonstrations.
- Coordinate machine activities in the applications lab including process development work, maintenance activities, troubleshooting, etc.
- Provide input for customer demo experimental design, act as a technical customer interface.
- Provide input to factory on process and machine issues and work closely with the factory on solutions.
- Various integration activities with internal business units
- Adhere to safety procedures and follow safe work practices.
Education and Experience:
- BS, MS or PhD in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or Materials Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience is in semiconductor industry preferred, but recent college graduates will be considered. Experience in electrochemistry or electroplating related technologies will also be given consideration.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Desire background in process characterization and data analysis with the ability to draw conclusions and develop action plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Must be able to work in teams as well as individually.
- Ability and desire to work as a part of a multicultural team with travel required.