Senior Human Resources Generalist
Do you want to join one of the hottest growing industries? The Semiconductor Industry continues to grow and ASMPT Nexx, Inc. is leading the way in designing and manufacturing plating systems for processing chips. We are looking for a Senior Human Resource Generalist that wants to grow with us and provide a full range of human resources support and counsel to ASMPT NEXX, Inc. and other areas of the ASMPT NEXX Americas Region, including the following: recruiting, compensation, benefits, employee training and development, general employee relations, ensuring consistent application of policies and procedures. This position will also be responsible for all reporting, compliance, and supporting the HR team with research, projects and other duties and will partner with third party vendors. Will act as a partner with the local HR Manager.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Assists with benefits administration and open enrollment process
- Assists with recruiting activities including conducting interviews, placing recruiting advertisements and screening resumes for qualified candidates.
- Responsible for tracking and handling all Immigration activities for ASMPT NEXX, Inc.
- Participates in job fairs and university relations, works with Co-op program
- Manages onboarding of temporary employees and partners with managers in working with agency to identify best candidates
- Assist with managing Performance Management process locally including tracking and assisting managers and employees in writing SMART objectives
- Partners with managers in coaching employees on creating Individual Development plans and in performance coaching and disciplinary actions
- Partners with HR manager in identifying and rolling out learning and development trainings
- Lead Community Service team and drive actions
- Administer updates to ADP Portal as needed
- Review local policies as needed and update for compliance, ensure corporate policies are followed
- Provide advice and counsel to managers on HR topics (compliance, disciplinary, benefits, etc.)
- Responsible for all compliance reporting including EEO1, Vets 100, OSHA, AA, ACA, and staying up to date on any new laws and regulations
- Responsible for headcount and accounting reporting locally and to corporate HQ
- Provide other reports as required
- Continuously seeks to improve efficiency and/or simplification of processes
- Fosters strong working relationships with peers and management in order to develop efficient and effective cross-functional relationships. Will work with colleagues and/or third parties in the United States, Singapore, Mexico, Canada, and Brazil.
- Ensure FMLA and Disability leaves and COBRA administration are handled properly by third party administrators
- Oversee worker’s compensation claims
- Manage onboarding process including background checks and new hire orientation
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of all personnel, benefits, and I-9 files. Ensure always audit ready
- Handles employee relations topics as needed
- Performs other duties as required.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates will be considered, HS diploma required
- 5 +years’ experience in an HR Generalist role, in manufacturing preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now is helpful
- Must have prior experience using HR information systems for data storage, analysis, and reporting
- Must have knowledge of US Labor laws (i.e. ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ACA) Must have ability to function independently with minimal supervision as well as work productively as part of a team environment
- Advanced MS Office Skills; including PowerPoint and very advanced Excel skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to move from one place to another, stay in one position for periods of time, and communicate with others and exchange information, may give presentations; and may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V