Careers with ASMPT NEXX, Inc.
Senior Process Engineer
Are you an engineer interested in the control of complicated fluid processes? Would you like to join a team which designs and tests sophisticated hardware, ensuring it meets exacting standards? ASMPT NEXX is a market leader in electro-chemical and physical vapor deposition tools for Advanced Packaging. Our equipment is powering the More-than-Moore paradigm shift for mobile electronics and advanced servers with increasing speed and low power consumption, enabling next-generation heterogeneous integration and multi-chip fan-out packaging approaches. Join our team at the cutting edge of the microelectronics industry!
The Senior Process Engineer in Advanced Technology will drive the development of wet chemical processes and hardware in automated semiconductor wafer and panel processing equipment. You will become a company expert, with a deep understanding of the interaction between equipment and process. You will use your expertise to develop new processing modules and drive tool functionality to deliver leading-edge performance. You will report to the Sr. Director of Advanced Technology.
- Qualify prototype and newly released electrochemical deposition, etch or wet cleaning and drying processing modules by determining operating window, uniformity, lifetime and full system performance. Develop testing methods as needed. Confirm performance against theoretical models.
- Identify hardware and software improvements needed for modules and components to meet process and system requirements.
- Work with customers to translate their requirements for wet chemical processes into equipment capabilities; discover ways to improve performance or yield while decreasing total operating costs.
- Travel to customer sites as necessary to work on system start-up, troubleshooting, or new process implementation.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve hardware and process issues using best in class tools such as troubleshooting matrices, fishbone diagrams, FMEA and other structured problem solving methods.
- Perform process experimentation on ASMPT NEXX and customer tools as required to demonstrate system performance, improve yield and increase system reliability.
- Create Best Known Methods notes usable by ASMPT field service and customer process engineers, which incorporate the results of process development and hardware testing.
Skills and Experience
- PhD or MS in chemical engineering, chemistry, material science or related field
- Seven or more years’ experience with process or hardware engineering in semiconductor manufacturing.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
- Job duties may be performed in confined areas in a clean room environment. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity, and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds may be required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric current or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, etc. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Expected Hours of work
- Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor. This position occasionally requires weekend work.
- Domestic or international travel may be required, approximately up to 10%.
Apply Now firstname.lastname@example.org