Senior Quality Engineer
ASMPT NEXX, Inc. a leader in design and manufacturing of semiconductor capital equipment is seeking an experienced Senior Quality Engineer that will be responsible for maintaining product/process quality systems, analyzing and managing customer non-conformances, and working with outside supplier vendors. This position will create in-process qualification criteria used to create measurements and tracking, consults with manufacturing test and design engineering to ensure that systems or other products meet specifications prior to shipments and improves process controls with subcontractors.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Establish product and process quality stages to ensure compliance with product specifications.
- Drive improvement of ASMPT NEXX, Inc. Quality through analyzing supplier non-conformances (NC’s) and performing root cause analysis of discrepancies.
- Support Supplier Quality initiatives by administrating the SCAR database, issuing SCARs and reviewing actions from suppliers.
- Collaborate with all internal groups, suppliers, and customers to help determine root cause of customer issues, using various techniques including but not limited to PFMEA, Control Plans, Is-Is Not, Five Whys, Ishikawa (fishbone) Diagrams, Pareto Analysis, etc.
- Support continuous supplier improvement through collection of data, performing statistical analysis, and supplier audits as necessary.
- Promptly respond to manufacturing floor quality issues, taking appropriate action to drive and document resolution, working with Manufacturing Engineers, assembly, production and test to identify trends and propose and implement corrective actions.
- Follow up on CAR effectiveness.
- Participate in New Product Development and New Supplier Qualification to assure quality considerations are adequately covered in the design, testing, and release of materials, components, and products.
- Develop and review documented operating procedures associated with material inspection or business processes.
- Support manufacturing Lean initiatives.
- Support the timely disposition of non-conforming material by participation in MRB meetings and driving actions both internally and externally.
- Establishes vendor relationships and builds process improvements in quality control
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science or engineering discipline, combined with 10+ years’ related experience, or a Masters’ degree with 8 or more years’ experience
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in preparing KPI’s and effective data measurements to map quality.
- Positive attitude, self-motivator, and tenacious follow up required.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong electro-mechanical orientation
- Knowledge of ISO9001, IPC 610 and 620 standards beneficial.
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to move from one place to another, stay in one position, and communicate with others and exchange information, may give presentations; and may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor. This position may require occasional overtime hours and/or weekend work.
Domestic or international travel may be required, approximately up to 20%.