Careers with ASMPT NEXX, Inc.
Responsibilities include activities related to the disposition, receiving, storing, and shipping of materials. Ensures materials are received from proper vendors, that they are delivered to inventory. Reviews receipt of all materials to ensure purchase orders are open and the quality of materials received is correct. Ensures the security and accountability of materials and goods with inventory control. Ensures materials are available to meet production schedules and/or products are shipped as per marketing schedules. Establishes and modifies operational methods and procedures. Maintains documentation to reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of department activities. Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Transfers materials and items from receiving to inventory locations and to production.
• Maintains inventory accuracy by issuing inventory to all order types in a timely manner.
• Completes required transactions thoroughly and accurately.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to established methodologies
• Uses computer and ERP inventory program to enter records.
• Takes an active part in cycle counting and inventory processes.
• Works closely with sales, purchasing, shipping, and receiving, and others to oversee physical counts and reconcile variances.
• Maintains process ownership of delivery/inventory management with a focus on internal customer commitment and expectations.
• Move parts and materials into inventory and/or job stock.
• Maintains safety in the warehouse, adhere to standard warehouse guidelines and following the company policies.
• Collaborates with other departments to address issues with production, quality, logistics and customer orders.
• Manages and oversees a team to work at their optimal level.
• Maintains a positive work environment where all team members are set up for success.
Physical demands and working conditions:
• The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing duties of this job the employee is required to move from one place to another, remain in one position/place for long periods of time, position oneself to access warehouse shelves and get on forklift to drive it, communicate with others, and exchange information. Also, will need to lift or move packages, or pack/unpack items weighing up to 50 pounds at times. Must be able to withstand temperature changes as the warehouse doors will be opened for deliveries. Regularly ascends/descends a ladder to reach items stored on shelves in warehouse. Frequently operates a computer and standard office equipment.
• This job primarily operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. Some job duties may be performed in a clean room environment, which requires gowning.
• High School diploma
• Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience and required skills:
• 3 years’ experience working in a warehouse in a material handling and logistics function.
• Experience working with cross-functions (e.g., project managers, service technicians)
• Customer service experience
• ERP systems experience
• Ability to work independently and within a group.
• Must be detail-oriented, accurate and organized.
• Must be responsive, thorough and have a “safety first” attitude.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be self-motivated with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Willingness to learn new skills.
• Skilled in leading teams
• Fluent in English – speaking, reading, and writing.
• Excellent problem resolution skills
• Must be able to work independently, with minimum supervision, as well as in a team environment.
• Maintain training requirements for current and ongoing OSHA compliance.
• Must have good computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Provides immediate oversight to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals, and maintaining schedules. A portion of time will be spent performing individual tasks related to the department.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
ASMPT, NEXX maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.