Operations Financial Controller- ASMPT AEi
December 13, 2022
ASMPT AEi, is an innovative company specializing in the automated camera and sensor assembly and test equipment in the automotive industry. This is a rapidly evolving and high-growth market.
As part of the management team, the Operations Financial Controller is responsible to provide all required financial reports as well as financial insights to drive ASMPT AEI Inc business. As a business partner, this position works closely with the General Manager and the management team to define best financial strategies for the company.
Working with the US CFO, this position is responsible for a complete, accurate, and timely closing process. This includes a thorough record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and other financial accounts for the company.
- Generate timely and accurate closing reports on a consistent basis: weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Manage all aspects of general accounting, accounts receivable process, accounts payable process and supports various accounting inquiries.
- Lead and owns locally the annual budget process for ASMPT AEI
- Work closely with the finance departments within other divisions
- Interpret operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the organization and makes specific recommendations for cost reduction and/or profit improvement.
- Develop accounting policies to comply with IFRS, generally accepted accounting principles, and management reporting requirements.
- Exercise accounting control to ensure that budgeted expenditures do not exceed amounts authorized without proper approval.
- Lead efforts to study and reduce costs and analyze opportunity for improvement in operations
- Provide comprehensive financial analysis including preparation and analysis of short-term and long- term budgets, cash flow projections, & capital budgets
- Assume responsibility for accounting classifications of all expenditures and documents.
- Establish formal internal control policies and procedures.
- Ensure journal entries are posted correctly in Visual, the U.S. operations company general ledger accounting software packages.
- Assist with quarterly and annual tax filings.
- Oversee all financial operations and direct corporate financial planning and structure.
- Coordinate, analyze and report the financial performance to Management (financial performance, projections and other special projects as required).
- Prepare short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance for use with management.
- Oversee audit functions, coordinate activities with outside audit firms and review firms’ performance.
- Develop, implement and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting, employee relations (hiring/terminating policies) and other corporate policies.
- Responsible to work collaboratively with others (internally and externally) to achieve common objects, goals and results.
- Maintain a consistent and positive attendance pattern.
- Respect safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to the performance of functions related to the sales processes of the company.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in a Manufacturing preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in accounting from four-year College or University – MBA a plus
- Minimum of 10 plus years public accounting or corporate accounting/auditing experience and solid understanding of accounting and financial statement reporting required.
- Working knowledge of general ledger and financial statement preparation, ability to deal with confidential matters.
- Attention to detail, strong computer skills, and the ability to perform multiple tasks in a changing environment.
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheets especially Microsoft excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group – executives, managers, and subject matter experts; professionally engaging.
- Ability to prepare and present information to guests, more senior associates, vendors and customers using a variety of mediums.
- GAAP: 10 years (Required)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift- full time
- Onsite with opportunity to work hybrid
Apply Now firstname.lastname@example.org